Write and win! ✍️
To mark 150 years of Invercargill’s Municipality, write us a poem about Invercargill and/or Southland!
Entries will be displayed at the Library and winners announced at an Open Mic Night!
Enter below or drop your entry off at the Library. Entries are due by 11:59 on Sunday 8 August.
Age Groups 📅
Competition Rules 📑
- Maxmimum 5 entries per person.
- Contact details and age category must be provided but no names are to appear on the poems themselves as all entries will be judged anonymously.
- Entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- No alterations can be made to poems once entered.
- Entries can be made online (see above) or posted to Poetry Competition, Invercargill City Libraries, Private Bag 9011, Invercargill 9840. If posting your entries, please have them typed and include your name, category and contact details.
- All poems must have a title and must not exceed 40 lines in length (excluding title).
- Poems must be the entrant’s original work.
- Entries must not have been published, self-published, published on a website or made public on social media, broadcast or featured among the winners in another competition before 27 August 2021.
- There will be people’s choice winner and three winners in each of the categories. The judges decision is final.
- The library reserves the right to not accept a poem for the competition if deemed inappropriate.