From Monday 18 May we will be returning to our regular opening hours.
While we are excited to be open again to the public, please be aware that our services will be operating differently in order to best protect our customers and staff.
- All books have been renewed so no need to rush your returns back
- After hours slot will now be open
- Return shelves are temporarily closed, please use the after hours returns slots until further notice
- All items will have a 6-week issue period
- Holds will be pre-issued
- Patrons are encouraged to use self-checkout machines
Health and Safety
- Social distancing of 1 metres
- Contact register
- A maximum capacity of 100 people within the Library will be enforced
- Hand sanitiser available at each entrance
- Please do not come into the Library if you are feeling unwell
- Wifi is available
- Computers are available, limited to 30 minutes per person per day
Is it safe to visit?
In order to ensure the safety of customers and staff, the following measures will be taken:
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entrances to enable you to clean your hands when you enter and exit
- You will be asked for your name and contact details when entering and exiting to meet track and tracing requirements
- Enforcing the 1 metre social distancing rule at all times
- Numbers in the building will be limited to a maximum of 100 at any one time
Can I choose my own books?
Yes, you may come to the library to return books, collect holds or a pre-selected loan and choose and issue your own books. Assistance will be available at a distance.
I am not supposed to leave my home but would love some books, can you help?
If you are over 70 or immune compromised please contact us. We can arrange home delivery for the most vulnerable in our community.
How do I pay for DVDs?
These will be added to your Library account. Payments by card are preferred, cash will be taken if needed.
Will there be any overdues?
All books from pre-COVID19 are due on 29 June and no overdue fees will be incurred. All items will be issued for 6 weeks.
Can I study at the Library?
Yes, you can study at the Library. It is recommended that you use the allocated space on the first floor and you are limited to 2 hours.
Can I bring my children to the Library?
Yes, however physical games and toys will not be available at the Library during Alert Level 2.