On Sunday 22 March, our libraries in both Invercargill and Bluff closed. They will remain closed during Alert Level 3. If you still have items out at home that may become overdue – don’t worry:
- If you have items at home, please do not return them (the after-hours returns slot will remain closed).
- All fees have been removed from items and no overdue fines will accumulate during this period.
- We are extending the due dates on issues, present and future, to two months.
- We will be answering email enquiries from 9am – 5pm during weekdays. You can still contact us on Facebook outside these hours, but we may take longer than usual to answer your enquiries.
While our library branches are closed, you can still browse and read a range of books, magazines, newspapers, and other resources to pass the time via our digital services:
- Libby: browse and read over 10,000+ books and audiobooks
- BorrowBox: browse and read over 1800+ audiobooks and books
- PressReader: browse and read newspapers and magazines from around the globe
- Beamafilm: stream documentaries and independent films, with a focus on New Zealand and Australian content
For a full range of services you can enjoy from home check out the Library at Home page.
For the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 and guidance of what you should be doing, refer to the Government COVID-19 page. You can also phone the Healthline team on 0800 358 5453 (or +64 9 358 5453 for international SIMS).