Last updated: 9:20am 12 August 2020
As of 11:59pm, Sunday 14 February, Invercargill will be moving to Alert Level 2. If you’re coming into the library please be aware of the following changes to our services during Alert Level 2:
- Our My Book Bag service is now available to anyone in the Invercargill area – order your free contactless delivery of books at ilibrary.co.nz/mybookbag
- Patrons are encouraged to use self-checkout machines
- The after-hours returns slot will be open 24/7 if you don’t feel comfortable coming into the Library to return your books
Clubs and Programmes
- Programmes and After School Clubs will continue to run. If you feel uncomfortable with your child attending your club please let us know by phoning (03) 211 1444, emailing us, or sending us a message on Facebook.
Health and Safety
- Do not come into the Library if you are feeling unwell
- Social distancing of 1 metres will be enforced
- Hand sanitiser is available at all entrances/exits
- You will be asked for your name and contact details when entering and exiting
- A maximum capacity of 100 people within the Library will be enforced
- Wifi is available
- A reduced number of computers are available to maintain social distancing.
Can I get books delivered?
You can order free contactless delivery of materials to your home. Visit ilibrary.co.nz/mybookbag to order.
Can I choose my own books?
Yes, you may come to the library to return books, collect holds or a pre-selected loan and choose and issue your own books. Assistance will be available however our staff will maintain social distancing.
Can I study at the Library?
Yes, you can study at the Library. It is recommended that you use the allocated space on the first floor and you are limited to 2 hours.
Can I bring my children to the Library?
Yes, however physical games and toys will not be available at the Library during Alert Level 2.