As part of your membership with the Library you have access to a number of free resources, Press Reader being one of these. This gives you access to a range of magazines and papers worldwide.
If you choose to use the app on your mobile phone or tablet you must create a Press Reader account. You will not have to pay anything for the use of press reader through your library subscription. But you must log into our site every 2 days to update your free authentication.
- LIBRARY ACCOUNT : Make sure you have your User ID and password associated with your library account. Your User ID will be your six digit library card number and the password you setup when you opened the account. ( if you cannot remember your password please call the friendly staff at Invercargill Public Library)
- PRESS READER ACCOUNT : Navigate to the pressreaders website www.pressreader.com and set up a free account to use with your App.
- Select sign in at the top of the page :
- Select “New user? Sign up now :
- On the new user form fill out the required fields and select “Create my account” :
- You will now see your account name in the top right corner of your browser, confirming account creation:
- This is the account you will use to log into your app, keep the details in a safe place. Now you can close the browser window and proceed to download and install the app on your device.
- On your device download the app either:
- google playstore
- Apple App store
- Microsoft store)
- Once installed you will see the app icon on your desktop :
- To use the app double tap it to open it, and is open select sign in :
- (proceed to use your Pressreader account when prompted :
Once pressreader has logged in it may ask you to pay for a subscription YOU DON’T NEED TO ! You are given 2 days authentication as explained in the beginning of this how too.
5. If you are asked to pay simply log in through our website once again, in a browser (on the device pressreader is installed on) go to www.ilibrary.co.nz select the quick link to Newspapers Online :
- You will be redirected to our site for authentication, put in your barcode (number on your library card) and the password you set up on the account.
- Once you click “ Login” you will be redirected back to pressreader in your browser. Now you can close your browser and open the pressreader app, you will now have 1 day and 23 hours of free access.
When your access runs out re-authenticate via the process (starting at 5) above.