Stepping Up is an initiative of the 20/20 communications trust, a not-for-profit community trust. Each class module, called a ‘digital step’, takes two hours to complete.
Classes run fortnightly on a Tuesday, 10:00am – 12:00pm at the Invercargill Public Library, and on the last Thursday of the month 1:00pm – 3:00pm at the Bluff Public Library.
This class is designed for first-time computer users. Course includes:
- Parts of a computer
- The desktop, log-on and passwords
- Using a mouse and keyboard
- Files and folders
- Automatic updates
You will learn how to create and use a Facebook account. The class includes:
- Create a Facebook account
- Posting to your wall
- Accepting and sending friend requests
- Sending private messages
- Privacy settings
You will learn how to buy and sell goods using TradeMe. The class includes:
- Create a TradeMe account
- Browse in a range of topics
- Save auctions to your watchlist
- Sending questions to sellers
- Reserve prices and auto-bidding
This course will help you manage and share your photos from your camera and/or smartphone. You will learn how to:
- Transfer photos from your digital camera to a computer
- Sharing your camera’s digital photos with family and friends
- Transfer photos from your Smartphone to a computer
- Share your photos directly from your Smartphone
Wednesdays 1:00 – 3:00pm
Weekly drop-in service to help you get started with your digital device.
Learn how to access:
🏛️ Library services
Our weekly device drop in is an informal support group to help get you familiar with your digital device. Whether it’s a tablet or mobile phone, someone will be able to help you with the basics. Come and learn how to use Press Reader, load eBooks or audio books or just use your device to access library services. The service is free, just bring yourself and your device along.