When: Every Monday 12:00 - 1:00pm
Where: Library Foyer
If you have important documents that need signing then do not hesitate to drop by. Free parking is available in the car park off Leven Street at the rear of the Library.Justices of the Peace offer a volunteer service to the public of Southland. A Justice of the Peace can:
- Witness your signature on a document.
- Certify copies of documents for you including cellphone texts and computer displayed results.
- Administer an affidavit for you. This is a document that is sworn on oath or affirmed and is normally used in a legal proceeding.
- Complete a declaration for you. This may be a statutory declaration made under the Oaths and Declarations Act 1957 or some other statute which provides for this to be done.
In some cases the demand at the Library clinic may cause a delay in the services able to be provided which is unavoidable, however the following is available to assist you with your request. Service Desks are available in the Invercargill area where Justices of the Peace are available in a public place at other times.
- Wednesday, Southern Institute of Technology reception area 12-1pm.
- Saturday, Citizens Advice Bureau, 36 Don Street. 10am-12pm
OR you can find visit the JP website to contact JP and organise a suitable time.